Fraser International College
Fraser International College (FIC) offers international students a direct pathway to second year studies at Simon Fraser University (SFU). FIC offers a smooth transition to SFU by offering university designed programs that are taught by qualified instructors. This preparation includes the added benefits of smaller class sizes and more personalized attention in a supportive environment. This approach ensures that students are prepared for the demands of higher education in Canada. All classes are offered on the SFU campus in Burnaby BC.
General Admission Requirements (All Students)
All applicants must meet the College's admission requirements:
- Entry into UTP Stage I generally require the successful completion of Year 11 or its equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on the program. Specific academic requirements are listed below.
- Entry into UTP Stage II generally requires the successful completion of Year 12 of secondary school or its equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on the program. Specific minimum academic requirements are listed below*. Admissions assessments are based on an applicant’s complete academic record.
- Check the admissions page for all accepted qualifications from around the world. Not all qualifications are listed, so if you have other qualifications, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment.
Math is required for admissions into Computing Science, Environment, and Engineering Science streams. Check the admission requirements page
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following for direct entry (minimum score):
- Three years of study and 55% in English 12
- An IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum band score of 5.0 on the Speaking and Listening bands and a 5.5 on the Reading and Writing bands
- A TOEFL score of 69 (internet based),
- A TOEFL score of 525 (paper based) or 196 (computer based)
- Eiken Pre-1
- GCE 'O' Levels C
- HKDSE English Level 3
- International Baccalaureate Standard 5 or Higher 4
- SPM English C4
Verify the information on the FIC website
BC Secondary School (or equivalent)
BC Secondary School graduates who wish to be considered for admission to FIC must meet both general requirements and program-specific requirements.
Out-of-Province Transfer Student
You may be given consideration as a mature student if you are at least 21 years old and have documented and relevant work experience and/or another acceptable qualification such as secondary school, college or vocational studies results.
Details on international secondary school requirements can be found here.
Other Student (including Special Consideration)
How to Apply
For step-by-step application advice to FIC please click here.