Victoria Island University
For More Information
Apply to the appropriate program. You will qualify for admissions as a transfer student if you have:
- At least 24 university transferable, or,
- Less than 24 credits but high school graduation with a minimum "C" in English 12.
- Some programs require you to have a completed diploma in a specified discipline to continue at year three of the program.
You are required to submit to Registration all official secondary and post-secondary transcripts from institutions you have attended.
Transfer credit will be assessed after you have been admitted as a student and VIU has received your official transcripts. Transcripts should be sent directly to Registration/Admissions from the institutions that you have studied at. It may take some time for these credits to be added to your VIU Student Record. VIU is committed to processing transfer credit in a timely manner and attempts to award as much transfer credit as possible. If you have questions about your transfer credit you can email email@example.com.
If you have a completed diploma with a minimum of 60 Credits complete for the purposes of entering into year three of a degree, in most cases, a block transfer of 60 credits will show up on your VIU transcript.
If you are waiting for your transfer credits to be processed you can still discuss course selection with the appropriate advisor for the program that you have applied to. Here is a link to the Degree Advisor contact list. You may wish to have copies of previous post-secondary transcripts available to refer to when you call the appropriate degree advisor. If you are transferring from a BC post-secondary institution, you can assist the process by using the online BC Transfer Guide before your discussion.
Please be aware that VIU has a Residency Requirement for VIU credentials.
Register for courses.
- Normally, you will be assigned a date in May to register for the upcoming Fall (September) and Spring (January) courses. You should review the Web Registration Tutorial before that date.
- You should try and have all transcripts assessed and your VIU Student Record updated before you go online to register in your courses.
For More Information: