Help Using the BC Transfer Guide
The following illustration shows step by step how to use the course search in the BC Transfer Guide:
To use the earch By Receiving Course option, Step 1 and Step 5 are reversed.
How to Read Search Results
Transfer credit agreements are displayed in the following format:
- Sending Institution Course - The institution the course transfers from
- Receiving Institution - The institution the course transfers to
- Transfer Credit - The details of the transfer agreement
- Effective Dates - The dates the agreement is in effect.
Note: In order to receive transfer credit, you must have completed your course within the effective dates of the agreement. For example, if an agreement has effective dates of "Sept/99 and Aug/02", the course must be completed within the effective dates in order for the transfer agreement to be applicable. Agreements without an end-date are considered on-going. For example, if an agreement has an effective date of "Sept/95 to - ", the transfer agreement is applicable if the sending course was taken any time after the start date.
For more information, see Types of Transfer Credit.
Information on the institutions that are part of the BC Transfer System can be found at: BC Transfer System
NOTE: Courses that do not have formal transfer agreements will be evaluated on a case by case basis after you have been admitted to a program at the institution. You can find more information in Transfer from Another University/Province.
If you are attending an institution that is not a part of the BC Transfer System, transfer credit is not guaranteed. You should check with the institution you plan to transfer to regarding their policy on awarding transfer credit from institutions that are not part of the BC Transfer System.
To search the BC Transfer Guide, you can choose one of the following search options:
1. Search by Sending Course - Search how a course transfers from one institution to another.
2. Search by Receiving Course - Search for a destination course that you want to receive credit for
3. Search by Program - Search for block transfer, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement or program specific guides.